Search This Blog

Monday 22 March 2010

Bad morning, good afternoon

It was a strange night. Tom woke up crying at 11pm, he was completely unconsollable. We tried the gel and dummy trick- no luck, gave him some calprofen - no luck. The screaming was really bad. No amount of hugging was helping. In the end I thought that maybe I wasn't helping, so I put him back in his cot and left the room. He carried on screaming for about 15 seconds, then it died down to a whimper. All was quiet within a minute. He did cry again but it only lasted about 10 seconds. That was it, we didn't hear from him again Lesson learnt, leave him be if he doesn't show any sign of wanting a cuddle.

This morning wasn't the best. He ate his breakfast really well and had an early nap. When I went in to get him, the smell was there, so I changed him - solid poo - yahoo. I gave him breast milk for his last drink last night (still have some in the freezer) as breast milk is easier to digest than cow's milk, I was hoping it might help with his digestion. Not sure if it was the catalyst, but I was happy. Tom, on the other hand wasn't very happy. One cheek was very very red. I got him up and took him to Asda to pick up some bits. He wasn't too bad there, but once home he went into full grizzle mode. Nothing would help him, teething gel, calprofen etc, so I gave him his lunch (very unenjoyable) and put him to bed.

I got him up at 1.30 ready for Gymbabes, and found a different baby. The red cheek had gone and he seemed happier. Got to Bridgnorth dead on 2pm and joined the Gymbabes class. He was a diamond, had a lovely time. Hogged the tunnel as seems to be usual - definately his favourite piece of kit. Had drink afterwards with Amanda and Sam before coming home.

Had an OK afternoon. Spent some time on the phone with Jake (his second birthday today), his talking has really come along, he managed to say Hello Auntie Nik and Bye Bye Auntie Nik which was really nice.

Once again, he didn't have a very good dinner, anything with any texture is still evil! He then had a little play before an early bath (he was obviously tired), bottle and bed.

Matt is out with the guys tonight - curry in Shifnal.

Oh, I weighed myself this morning, after one week of Slimming World diet I have managed to loose 2lbs. Was a little dissapointed as you are supposed to loose loads in the first week. However, when I think how long it takes Tom to put on 2lbs, I guess it's not that bad. Fingers crossed the motivation remains with me, only problem is that we are off on holiday on Friday so all the good work might go to pot...

Sorry, forgot to take a photo today.

No comments: