Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Poo, poo, poo

Interesting night. Tom woke up just as I went to bed. I looked in to see him and found him covered in sick - yuck, poor little might. Stripped him down, gave him a flannel wash, put new sheet on the cot, got out clean sleeping bag and put him back down. He was in good humour and didn't really cry - I guess better out than in! I was sure I was going to hear from him through the night, through hunger more than anything else, but we didn't - what a star.

He was in a good mood this morning as well. However, he suffered from a large bout of diarrhoea which meant another full change of clothing. His insides are definitely not right, but he is cheery and full of energy - is that strange?

He had a big breakfast - weetabix and banana and a play before bed. When he woke up he had done another poo which was squirty but not diarrhoea so that was good. I put him in his pram and took him to baby clinic for a check over. They said that there is a lot of D&V going round at the moment and advice is to stop all diary including milk for 24 hours. So that's what I'm going to do but will continue to breast feed as that never hurts.

Got back home, had lunch and then went to Gymbabes. Although Tom's insides are a little bit faulty at the moment, he is in good spirits and is full of energy so I didn't think taking him to Gymbabes would be a problem. He had a really good session, he sat still(ish) for the singing at the beginning and then spent the rest of the lesson crawling up and down the tunnel and getting in the way of the other babies.

Had a quick drink with Rachel and Olly afterwards and then headed home. Tom had a quick nap and then we headed back out to Asda - need to get some more nappies and a different brand. I've been using Pampers recently, but forgotten that they aren't good for squirty poos. Got some Asda own brand which I think were much better.

Then dinner, bath (solid poo in nappy which was good) and bed. Hope he does ok tonight.

Oh, almost forgot, I discovered tooth number 12 today.

No comments: