Search This Blog

Thursday 25 March 2010

Busy Day

Another good night. We could hear Tom tossing and turning when we were downstairs, but we didn't hear from him at all last night. AND I apparently didn't snore, which meant that Matt and I woke up in the same bed - yahooooo.

Tom woke up in a good mood, he was chattering away to himself in the morning on our bed. Unfortunately a massive squirty poo was waiting for me this morning when I went up to get him and he did another later on in the day. I'm now wondering if it has something to do with the cows milk I've been giving him. It's strange though cause he's been having cows milk with no problem since his birthday so why would it suddenly be a problem? However, he seemed to recover when I gave him breast milk, and now he's gone downhill again since I've been giving him cows milk again. Shame I don't have any more breast milk in the freezer.

I put Tom to bed for his nap early as we have Bosom Buddies at Jungleland this morning. I went up to get him after over an hour and had trouble waking him. He wasn't happy with me poor love, but he forgave me soon enough and had a good time at Jungleland.

Came home, Tom had lunch and then went to bed for 1 hr 45mins when I had to wake him up again as we had an appointment at another nursery. We went along (Earlyworld in Stafford Park) looked ok, but rooms were smaller than Leapfrog, however, they did have a soft play area and grass in the outdoor area. Came back, talked it over with Matt and have decided to go with Leapfrog, just think they were slightly better, plus they are nearer. Phoned them up and have booked Tom in for his induction the week after Easter. They aren't able to guarantee us a place, but think they will be OK. If it goes wrong Earlyworld did have room for the moment.

Came home, had a play, then dinner (he managed my risotto and sweet potato puree which was good), then play, bath, bottle and bed. (We have given Tom some Lactofree milk today - which we normally use for the cat to see if that makes a change). We also did some quick packing for tomorrow and then dinner for ourselves. Matt is now out having drinks with Mike (one of the NCT dads) and I have been scooting around the house tidying and collecting things that we need for Iceland and not yet packed.

I have taken a pic today, but have packed my camera, so will update on our return (don't want to risk forgetting my camera after I have so carefully packed it!). If we are able to get a wi fi signal in Iceland we will try to blog with the iphone.

Oh - interesting story from today, Mum and Dad are in London this week after visiting Jake for his birthday. They were in the restaurant at the V&A, found a table which was just being vacated by none other than Pat (Matt's mum). Not sure who was more surprised!

No comments: