Search This Blog

Thursday 14 May 2009

Breast Feeding is BEST

Night time went well last night. Tom only woke once at 3.30 for a feed and went straight back to sleep. Matt didn't stir either so we all woke up happy.

Had a busy day today. 10am saw us at the Oakengates Under Ones club. Had a lovely time there, most the babies are now around Tom's age, and I know most of the mums quite well to be able to have good chats. Rose is going back to work tomorrow - how scary is that? Can't imagine having to do that at this stage, I consider myself very lucky.

Rushed back home, had lunch and then headed to Telford Town Centre. This week is Breast Feeding Awareness Week and as I go to the support group, I had been asked to visit the stand in the shopping mall to support the team, which I did, along with all the other mums from the group. Had long conversations with some of the team there and wrote an essay on improvements to breast feeding support I think would be helpful to mums to encourage them to carry on breast feeding after hospital. It is something I feel very strongly about, although I do realise that I have been lucky with Tom - he hasn't caused me any real problems.

Next stop was Asda to get in some food for Granma and Pop Pop who are arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately Tom decided he was hungry as soon as we arrived there, so I fed him in the back of the car before putting him in his sling to cart round Asda. He was a very happy soul bobbing up and down as I walked up and down the aisles. Didn't get home until gone 4pm - very late for us.

No comments: