Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2009

If Simon can do it, I can do it too...

Another good night. Tom woke at 3am for feeding, then again at 6.30, once again I managed to convince him to go back to sleep until 7am. Did our usual morning things and he went back to sleep at 9.00.

Spent a while on the phone arranging a Waterbabies course for Tom (we are going to Shrewsbury on Saturdays so both of us get a chance to be in the water with him) which made us a little late for 0-6s at Oakengates. Caroline was there with Simon (5 months) who has always been smaller than Tom. However, he is now being weaned and is able to hold himself up on his front for quite a while. Tom not being outdone actually managed to copy Simon and held himself up on his front as well, only for about 2 minutes, but a great start. I've been showing him what to do for ages, but it hadn't clicked, I guess seeing another baby do it helped. I will do my best to remember to put him on his front now every day to get his muscles stronger. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow if he does it again...

After lunch, Tom had a sleep and then I did a full massage on Tom. He seemed to enjoy it, definitely better behaved than at the lesson yesterday, excusing the fact he weed on me twice! He was quite chilled afterwards, so we went down to Asda to post some letters and pick up some bits and pieces before returning home. He had another nap in his pram and then we spent the rest of the day reading books, swinging in the kitchen and kicking in the bedroom.

No comments: