Search This Blog

Friday 22 May 2009

Grumpy Tom

Didn't have the best night. Tom woke me up at 12.00, 1.00, 3.00, 5.00 and 6.00 - I guess you can't have it good all the time! I gave up at 6.30 and got up and fed him etc.

Did our usual morning thing, he didn't go to sleep until 9am which is late for him! I used the time well - unloaded dishwasher, put laundry on, and confirmed the booking of the skittles alley for the 1st. I also did some research into cake decorating today and have found a course that will teach the basics.

Tom is not his best today, quite grumpy and vomity - he soaked me and the sofa many times! Went to Breast Feeding Group - where he continued to be grumpy and then fell asleep. Came home, picked up Matt and went into Newport for lunch at The Barley, where he was very well behaved, full of smiles for the waitresses - typical. Went for a browse round the shops and bumped into Sam and Amanda.

The afternoon was spent feeding, sleeping and crying. Unfortunately there was a lot of crying, he just didn't seem to be happy at all. I tried giving him a full body massage which worked for about 15 minutes, but then he started crying again. I hugged him, read to him, sang to him, walked round with him, but he just wouldn't be comforted. I was very relieved when it came to 6pm and I could hand him over to Matt. Let's hope he sleeps whatever is bothering him off.

Today's pic - I wanted to get a picture of him doing his new trick I described yesterday. As you can see he is concentrating really hard. I think he managed it for about 2 minutes, but then he was grumpy today so anything was a bonus!

No comments: