Search This Blog

Thursday 5 February 2009

38 Weeks

So here's my 38 week photo. As it is so cold I am wearing lots which means the bump doesn't look so prominent. If you are wondering, I have definitely have grown since the last pic. (Oh as you can see Wilberforce got excited in the snow and had his photo taken as well!)



Finally got to see the midwife today at 3.30, so only had to wait for an hour in the Dr's surgery, what fun. Blood pressure is a little high, but nothing to worry about. As she measured me, she asked me about Matt, if he is tall or stocky or both? Of course he isn't either. Oh! she said as apparently I have a long baby. In fact it is off the chart. The fundal height is 41cm when it should be 38cm and the weight comes out at 9lb 9oz!!!!!!!!! (Let's hope these charts aren't accurate). Head hasn't engaged yet - but is at the brim. It has an arm wrapped around the head at the moment stretching the bottom of my uterus even further, so that will explain some of the pain I've been experiencing recently in that area - naughty thing.

Yesterday we completed the last of our parentcraft lessons at the PRH. Was a different midwife this time - in fact it was the midwife who sent me to the Drs concerned about my stress levels back in November. She remembered me and we had a good chat after the session. She wanted to know how I was and then she asked for feedback on the course and asked how it differed from the NCT course. The course at the PRH was good - very thorough on the medical side of things and Karen who did the other 3 sessions was so thorough that I don't think she left one stone unturned. We both think that it complemented the NCT one quite well, we are glad that we have done both - I think we are as prepared as possible now. We won't be walking away with any friends from the PRH one though - most the people on it seemed to be brain dead!

3 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

Jake says hi to Wilberforce, he says that next time he'll be swinging him around from the trunk:-)

Nik and Matt said...

That's not very nice! He's just a poor defenceless mammoth.

Lisa said...

PS I meant to say (maybe a bit late rnow): *very* innacurate IME. I was offered a section because M was to be so very huge, at least 4 kg and probably even larger (I was in Japan, of course, so there's huge and huge). I declined, to everybody's consternation as one does not say no to a doctor in Japan...10 days (!) later M turned up 3.25 kg (that's 7 lb 2 oz or so).