Search This Blog

Friday 20 February 2009

Breast Feeding Monster

We had our last visit from the midwife this afternoon, we have now been signed over to a Health Visitor - scary stuff! Must say the care we have received from the midwives since my waters broke has been incredible. I really do feel that I am very fortunate to live somewhere where they really do care about mother and baby and do everything they can to make the transition to family life as easy as possible.

We both got a clean bill of health. Tom was weighed again - he is now 8lb ½oz, which is fantastic, I was getting a little worried that he was vomiting up all his milk, but I think he's just been overly greedy - the little monster! Tom is suffering from dry skin at the moment, but I was reassured that this is also very normal and to continue to apply olive oil which I will do.

So, today is Friday, and anyone who knows our routine, knows that Friday night means curry night! We have decided that today we will order a take away from East End Balti - we aren't sure that they are ready for breastfeeding yet! We will all go along to pick up the curry so we can show Tom off. Once we manage to get Tom in a routine and I'm able to express milk we should be able to take him along for a sit down meal if we can have one of the cubicles.

Oh tonight, Matt and Tom were playing 'rocking horse' in bed. Matt was pretending to be a horse and Tom his passenger. It was very cute to watch!

No comments: