Search This Blog

Sunday 22 February 2009

First Hike

Today being Sunday meant that lunch was at the Long Lane Cafe - our favourite greasy spoon. Tom came along and slept through the meal. I had a bacon and EGG sandwich - my first runny egg in 9 months and boy it did taste really good.

Next stop was Haughmond Hill - a 3 mile circuit which has a viewpoint looking over the Welsh hills and Shrewsbury. It did us all good, helps with my healing, Matt's stamina and plenty of fresh air for Tom.

Matt was very much the proud father carrying his son in the baby bjorn. We are certainly going to get good use out of it - Debi who gave it to us only used it the once with Charlie!

We were home by 2pm, Tom had a feed, a play on his mat and then a sleep. I took him upstairs for his sleep so I could get some shut eye as well, but as seems to be the norm, he took a long while to settle in his cot, which meant that I didn't get any sleep - the little bugger. He's now in his moses basket fast asleep whilst I'm up! Oh well, we are having the remnants of our Friday curry for dinner so no huge effort needed in the kitchen.

No comments: