Search This Blog

Monday 16 February 2009

Crash Diet!

So, remembered to weigh myself today - having babies is great for a crash diet. I have lost 1 and a half stone in 6 days and am now back in my pre maternity clothes, really nice not to have to deal with lots of elastic and buttons etc and to wear skinnies rather than huge shapeless t-shirts. Now I find it hard remembering what it was like being pregnant!

Tom is doing well regarding weight as well, he's just been visited by the midwives and he is now 30 grams heavier than his birth weight - which is really reassuring - I maybe having trouble breastfeeding but he is getting enough.

Tom is also doing well at night - he gave me around 6 hours sleep last night - in 3 doses of 2 hours. In fact when Matt got up at 8am I questioned him why he was getting up so early - thinking it was around 6am! So, can't complain.

We went for an outing today down to the Drs to deliver my hospital letter and post office to send a thank you card to the midwives in Shrewsbury. His grandparents came with him and helped with the very important task of pushing the pram. He was very well behaved again - which is good considering I'm very clumsy with the pram - I always look drunk pushing it as I have trouble getting it to go in a straight line.

Granma and Pop Pop have been great today - sorting out food, cleaning the kitchen and giving cuddles when needed.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Back in your pre-maternity clothes is one thing, but back in skinnies?? You wont' make any friends like that you know ;)
I know we talked a bit about slings before he was born, but did you ever get around to buying one? I'm more than happy to let you have a go with some of my collection sometime, if that would help - I have a few still in use but you'd be more than welcome to borrow the others.

Nik and Matt said...

Hi Lisa, yes we did get round to buying a sling - much like the one we saw Tamsin in when she was a baby. Haven't used it yet, but plan to once I'm back to full strength and can fathom out how to tie it.

Thanks for the offer.

Nik