Search This Blog

Monday 23 February 2009

NCT Bumps and Babes


Today, I decided to take Tom to the NCT bumps and babes group in Muxton. Originally Michelle and Rose were going to go along as well, but both had to cancel for one reason or another, so I had to be brave and go on my own.

Arrived dead on 1pm - no-one else was there (why am I always so punctual when no-one else is?) By 1.30 the hall had filled up and there were a good 15 - 20 mums and babies. Funny the babies didn't seem so scary now as they did before Tom was around. Everyone cooed over Tom, he was the youngest there by quite a long way - I think the average age was 6 months. All the mums were finding it hard to believe that their baby was ever the size of Tom and everyone seemed impressed that I was brave enough to take him out so young!

The session finished at 3pm. We dropped in to see Mike, Michelle and Seren on our way home - comparing sleepless nights, pelvic floor exercises and feeding patterns etc etc. We then walked home to a nice warm house full of the smell of stroganoff - Matt was on cooking duties today. Gave Tom his dinner and then tucked into mine.

Oh today I dressed Tom in a 'proper' outfit - ie T-shirt and trousers rather than a sleep suit. I think he looks very cute and grown up!

No comments: