Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 March 2009

At Last a 6 Hour Feed!

We had the best night to date last night (I'm thinking of confiscating Mum and Dad's car keys if that's the influence they have on Tom). He went from 6.20pm to 00.20am and then from 04.15 to 09.00 between feeds - I hope this is a sign of things to come. I woke up very pleasantly surprised and pleased. Now we just need to work out how to move these periods so they coincide with my sleep! Easier said than done I'm sure!

On waking up we went to visit Granma and Pop Pop in bed for a play. Pop Pop then did the nappy change and dressed him - all very exciting.

Went to PRH for Tom's check up. Dr seemed a bit clueless. He said the solid poos aren't anything to do with the Gaviscon and that I should put him back on it. He said that I should give him water inbetween feeds to see if that helps. He also asked me when I'm going to wean him? Not sure of the relevance of that - why would I be even thinking about that?

I still think the Gaviscon is a bad influence and as Tom had a good night without it last night, I'm going to keep him off it.

Came back, managed to get Tom back to sleep after a while, so put him down and had lunch. Granma and Pop Pop then took Tom out for a long walk at Granville, so I quickly ran around the house, clearing it up and then had a very quick lie down.

Granma and Pop Pop came back, Tom had a feed, a play on the mat and then a huge vomit all over Granma - lovely!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I've said it before, I know, but KELLYMOM!!!
He absolutely doesn't need water yet. I am sure you know this - but kellymom provides nice reassuring references if you like that sort of thing (I like that sort of thing).
Also, ivillage or mumsnet?

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks, have been looking through it today. Not found his particular problem yet...

Lisa said...

No, sorry - I meant this http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/baby-water.html
And this page might help ? http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/index.html

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks