Search This Blog

Sunday 15 March 2009

Biker Tom

Another lovely morning today, and as we were waiting in for Beth & Chris to drop in on their way to Snowdonia, I thought I'd go out for a quick blast. Great fun. Tom was jealous, though, and demanded a go when I got back. A 1700cc muscle bike may be a bit extreme for your first two-wheeled experience, but he seemed to enjoy it.

We had our usual Sunday lunch, bacon sarnies at Sam's Cafe in Long Lane, and Tom was cooed over as usual by the proprietress. Thereafter, we criss-crossed the minor roads of Shropshire as far as Cheswardine and strolled for a mile or two along the Shropshire Union Canal. Muddy doesn't begin to describe the condition of the towpath (I actually had to hose down the pram when we got home), so we gave up and retired to the Wharf Inn for a pint (beer for me, Coke for Nik, the usual for Tom).

We've also decided that we need to get Tom into some kind of routine, so from today, we're all getting up at 7am and one of us (me, I hope) will be in bed by 7pm. Let's hope we all benefit from it.

1 comment:

John and Carol said...

Mum says
Where is Tom's helmet?
She is having to lie down in a darkened room to recover from the shock. This is important-I need my dinner.

Dad