Search This Blog

Friday 27 March 2009

Ring a ring of ...babies?

Had an OK night last night. We weren't successful in waking Tom up at 10pm so my expressed milk ended up back in the fridge, and I had to feed at 1am, 4am and 7am. However, I managed to get back to sleep quite quickly each time which makes a big difference so not feeling too bad today.

Today all the NCT mums met up at Amanda's place for lunch. Had a lovely time, Amanda and Tim live in a gorgeous converted barn with huge rooms which meant that we could put all the babies together for a photo session - see below. Tom took a shine to Seren and decided to lick her head - was hilarious!!!! We have decided to take the same photo when they turn one to see how much they have changed.

Tom was pretty well behaved, only crying on and off, AND he did a MONSTER POO - hurray! In fact it was so big that it exploded out of his nappy and up his back. I knew he would do it when we were out and about - but I am relieved that his system is obviously working fine. The poo wasn't as solid as it has been either, so that is good as well. I think we will keep him off the Gaviscon and see how things go - he seems fine again now - my old placid Tom - I'm much relieved.

Had a nice leisurely lunch, starting with champagne - thanks Amanda. We had the usual chats - does your baby do this etc etc. It really is reassuring to hear everone's stories and to realise you aren't on your own. Those things that you thought were abnormal are actually normal.

Came home to find Matt washing the floor - I was very impressed. Gave Tom a bath at 6 - he pooed in the bath! Very funny - it had to happen sometime! Did a web cam with Grannie and Grampa London and managed to put Tom down for 7.10pm. Matt is now out collecting our regular Friday night curry.

2 comments:

DebbieF said...

If you can get them all to lie still like that when they are 1, I will be very surprised! Lovely pic! x

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

I agree - by the time you put the second baby down the first one will be off, no chance!!!!

Enjoy this time when the babies can't move - it's bliss;-)