Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2009

Happy Boys


Well, we had the best night for a while last night. It looks like the Gaviscon is helping him. He didn't do half as much thrashing about as usual, and actually managed to sleep soundly for part of the night which he hasn't done for ages. Matt also seems well again, so both my boys are happier, which means I am as well. Now I wish that I had taken Tom to the Drs earlier and not taken the advice that he would get better in his own time!

Tom is all dressed up today as we met with the NCT mums at Michelle's. He wore the booties that Amanda knitted him and looks very cute! Had a good session with the mums. Every baby is certainly very different. Most who are still breast feeding are already expressing milk and getting other halves / family members to help with feeding so they can have a rest / get some housework done. Most also are using formula at night to get their baby to sleep longer. I wonder if I have been missing a trick and making it too hard for myself?

Tom is better today but was still quite grumpy at Michelle's - he refused to sleep and every time I put him down asleep he woke back up again - I think his tummy is still hurting him.

I picked up Michelle's breast pump, and on my return home, gave it a go. Seems to work fine - very strange seeing the action of the pumping and the milk squirting out. Can't wait to buy some bottles and teats and get going on it. Vera is coming over whilst Matt is in Scotland, so I think I'll go shopping with her and start the process. Hopefully it will mean that Matt and I can go out on our 6 week date when Mum and Dad are up.

No comments: