Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2009

Monster Tom


We had another bad night last night. Tom refused to sleep after 4am. He spent the night making horrific gurgling noises, did a projectile vomit and constantly wriggled and squirmed. As soon as I held him, he would fall asleep and then as soon as I put him in his cot he would start gurgling and squirming again.

As I brought him downstairs this morning he did another projectile vomit over my nice clean clothes. I put him in his moses basket in the lounge so I could make breakfast and he fell into a deep peaceful sleep (see photo - butter wouldn't melt would it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So when he wakes up he is going to be nicely refreshed, whilst I look like death warmed up, the little monster!

Any advice anyone???? We are thinking of taking the moses basket upstairs tonight to see if it is the cot he doesn't like.

3 comments:

DebbieF said...

Yep, I reckon you've answered your own question. Luke slept in his moses basket for about 3 months. I think they feel cosier in it. You could also try that swaddling blanket I gave you. It just gives them a nice secure feeling, like being cuddled! Good luck. x x

Lisa said...

I can't imagine the cot is making him sick though ;)
Since you have *asked* for advice, mine would be to sleep with him so you both get plenty of rest. You won't roll on him I promise and I can give you books and references and all sorts if you need it. Just make sure you follow the guidelines and do it in a nice bed not on a sofa or chair.
Failing that, if you come downstairs and he falls asleep while you are making breakfast: get your head down too! all together now...sleep when your baby sleeps!

Nik and Matt said...

The 'sleep when your baby sleeps' thing is harder than it sounds. However, this morning I gave up and put him in bed with me and we slept together. In fact we didn't get up until 11am as I was completely shattered. He was slightly better last night - still struggling for breath, but less kicking and wriggling.