Search This Blog

Friday 13 March 2009

Tom had a better night last night as far as choking and gaging on his congestion. However, he seemed to have limitless energy and refused to sleep, instead, stretching, squirming, kicking and grunting in his moses basket. He wasn't crying, but making too much noise for me to sleep through. As a result I only managed about 2 hours sleep, so I might be grumpy today!

Went to breast feeding support group this morning. Was nice, not that many mums, but Rachel S and Mae went along which was nice. The session today was very different to previous ones, with introductions and talking about ssues etc. Was good, and I got some info about expressing milk as we are nearing the magical 6 weeks when I can express and Matt can feed. We will need to go shopping for equipment...

Asked the health visitor about Tom's rash and was told it was an allergic reaction to something for example washing powder, heat, fabric. Funny, because when I asked at Baby Clinic on Wednesday I was told it was reaction to the fat in my milk. Seems to be that you get a different answer from everyone you ask. In the meantime, his rash seems to have spread to his tummy, and still the advice I've been given is to let it run its course, which is what I'm doing.

Came home for lunch - a one handed one for me as Tom was demanding his lunch at the same time! Then, I managed to put him down for an afternoon nap, fingers crossed it lasts longer than 30 mins.

No comments: