Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Still Growing


Had a lovely evening yesterday. Mum and Dad baby sat, whilst Matt and I went on our 6 week date at The Fox. Was fantastic to have a night out, and we more or less managed to keep most of the conversation off Tom. Came back to find that Tom had been an angel. He had a bath, fed from a bottle and went to bed at 7pm - something Matt and I have only managed once!!!!! We seriously thought about hiding Mum and Dad's car keys so they couldn't go back home.

Had an OK night last night. Tom went almost 5 hours between feeds. He has a 'witching hour' around 4am where he won't go back to sleep. By the time I get him off, I'm normally wide awake and unable to drop off myself!

We were up at 7am. Tom had his feed and then went to play with Granma and Pop Pop in bed, whilst I expressed milk. He was back asleep at 8.30, so we had a leisurely breakfast.

I got Tom up at 10am to say goodbye to Mum and Dad. He screamed and screamed - not a great last impression! Gave him a feed, then he was in full screaming mode for an hour until he suddenly fell asleep at 11.30. I took the opportunity to make lunch which was wise as he was awake and crying by 12.15! Once again he screamed for a good 40 mins before calming down, feeding and then a play on his mat before falling asleep again.

Then went for a walk to Asda to pick up drinks for Friday, the Post Office to post yet more thank you cards, and then the drs surgery for baby clinic and my 6 week check up. Got Tom weighed, he is now 11lb 7oz so has slowed down a little. Spoke to the Health Visitor about poo etc, she said it is probably the Gaviscon blocking him up and told me not to worry unless he goes another two days without movement. She also said not to worry about the water which I won't.

Had my 6 week check up which consisted of the dr asking me if I am ok, taking my blood pressure and asking about contraception. Took all of 2 minutes. Just as well as Tom screamed the whole time!

We are now going to attempt to bath Tom and have him in bed for 7pm like yesterday. I wonder if we will be successful??!!!

3 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

I wouldn't worry about the poo situation too much, some babies from out NCT group went 7 odd days without going!!!!

Lisa said...

Did you *laugh* at your doctor mentioning contraception? I did. I really wanted to wave my baby at them and say look!

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks re poo - I have been told much the same - I have to admit I am obsessed now!

Re contraception - every healthcare professional i have come in contact with has given me a talking too! I managed 34 years without getting pregnant, so i think i know what I'm doing!!!!!