Search This Blog

Saturday 21 March 2009

Surrogate Grannie Vera to the Rescue

Vera came up to visit Tom today. She came laden with M&S food for us (yummy) and new clothes and toys for when Tom is a bit older.

She was straight in for a cuddle - I think Tom likes her as he was asleep within seconds. We took advantage for a catch up and then made lunch - of course he woke up as soon as I got the food out of the fridge!

He then went into screaming mode - a look at his nappy told us why - he was pooing solids again. He screamed and screamed as it came out - it must be hurting him and it must be the Gaviscon - that's the only thing that has changed recently. He was in such pain, that I have decided to give him Gaviscon with every other feed - to see if that helps.

He perked up after a while and had a feed. We then went out shopping. Bought some bottles ready for my expressed milk, a freebie changing bag, a mirror for the car, and a play arch thing to put on his bouncy chair and moses basket to try to occupy him.

By the time we got home, Matt was back, so we all sat down for afternoon tea - all 4 of us! Tom then started to get upset again so Vera gave him a cuddle and before too long he was nestled and asleep. Vera reckons there is definately something up with his tummy which is making him upset. I just wish I knew how to make him better, so I can have my happy baby back.

1 comment:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

Me thinks you better think about building an annex and keep Vera for Tom cuddles:-)