Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Holidays end

A good night last night - yahoo. Tom slept right through. Matt, on the other hand, didn't and he slept downstairs as he was tired and has a big work week to get through. Turns out that an Italian company he did some work for in January are finding lots of excuses not to pay him and it was keeping him awake - which I can understand. He spent the morning doing some research about them during which another Japanese translator got in touch - she has an Italian lawyer friend who has offered to help him out foc as long as it doesn't go to court. So, that's as near to a resolution as is possible at this stage. Lets hope it helps him sleep tonight.

I wasn't really looking forward to today, it's always horrible to go back to looking after Tom on my own after a holiday - whether it be a foreign holiday or bank holiday, especially as Tom and Matt are bonding so well. It is really nice to see them together at the moment, they obviously enjoy each other's company. I really think that Tom has blossomed over the past month spending so much time with Dad, he is certainly a happy chappy when he is with his Dad. It's nice for him to have someone other than me to play with as well - I think I probably get quite stale with him, doing the same thing all the time. I often pick up tips from Matt on new ways of doing things just by watching him interacting with Tom.

Anyway, I had arranged to meet up with Rachel and Olly today after our aborted attempt yesterday. She hadn't gone out or done anything over Easter either so was a little stir crazy. As Olly is walking and wanting to walk all the time we decided Jungleland would be the best place to go. Spent a good 2.5 hours there during which I think Rachel and I managed about 10 minutes of proper conversation (it really is getting more and more impossible to have adult conversations now - thankfully she has arranged our next night out sans enfants, the week after next, hopefully then we can catch up properly)

Got back at 2.30, Tom went for a nap whilst I scooted around. The post man had been, Tom had written me a post card wishing me well from Cosford. How sweet. When he was up we popped to Asda to get some bits before getting home in time for his dinner.

Then it was play, bath, bottle and bed.

He is still having squirty poos - we had the full range today. What is up with his digestion?

No comments: