Search This Blog

Saturday 24 April 2010

We can do big birds too

Another good night. In fact we haven't heard a squeak from Tom since Tuesday night which means we are all getting really good sleeps which is fantastic.

This morning we were back at HLC for Waterbabies. We were a little apprehensive as it has been 4 weeks since Tom's last lesson (Iceland and Hereford meaning we have missed two), and when I took him swimming with Rachel and Olly it didn't go too well. However, he had a fantastic lesson, he was smiles for most of it, only having a slight grizzle when the wobble board came out.

We had a little play with Abi and then came home as Matt has a translators conference in Brum this afternoon. Tom and I played outside with the Gouges and then had lunch. Not a great lunch for Tom, but then he has been eating well recently, so the odd wobble isn't going to worry me too much. He then played really nicely on his own for an hour before going for his nap.

Once up, we headed into Telford Town Centre. I wanted to look at The Range to see if I could find a suitable tool box for all my cake equipment (currently scattered all around the house and I believe I will get more in May) - we drew a blank, not the season for tool boxes apparently. We then headed into Telford Town Park, I was going to give Tom a go on the swings, but the park was crowded. There was an event on, meaning it was heaving. I didn't even bother going to the swings. Instead, we came across a collection of birds of prey - from exactly the same place Matt went to yesterday. So I took a photo! We then put a blanket out and enjoyed some snacks in the sun.

Didn't get back till late, but not a problem. Matt arrived home just as I was giving Tom his dinner, then we did the usual routine. Tom was a delight today, really happy, full of energy - a pleasure to be with.

No comments: