Search This Blog

Thursday 8 April 2010

Tom hits the road

Today was Tom's first day at nursery. Well not quite a day, it was a 2 hour trial (10am to 12 noon). It was a big day, of course he was completely unaware of it, but for me it was a big day.

As I expected he was quite happy to go off and explore and charm other people, didn't look back at me once! I got to do lots of paperwork and then hung around in reception watching him via their CCTV. He seemed to have a lovely time. Spent sometime outside and then explored the playroom, getting out lots of toys and then leaving them in a trail on the floor. He had such a nice time that the staff asked if he could stop for lunch, so he did. As I expected he ate very nicely - peer pressure is a wonderful thing.

I finally got him back at 1 o'clock - thank god - I was starving! Went home, I got my lunch and put Tom down for his afternoon nap.

Once he was up again we decided to go and play outside as it was such a lovely sunny day. We got his car out and put him on the tarmac outside. He loved it. I put him in some trainers as it was tarmac, he didn't really like them but once he got used to them he was zooming around, the tarmac is slightly downhill so he went quite fast.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the back garden, me pruning (or rather hacking) our shrubs and Tom watching me. Managed a good half hour before he started getting restless which was good.

Once we came inside it was only half an hour before dinner - the day really had gone quickly.

He is off to nursery again tomorrow afternoon. We are popping down to Crapstone next week and then he will start in nursery properly once we are back. He really is growing up...

No comments: