Search This Blog

Thursday 22 April 2010

Mog returns

A day that started badly and finished much better. Jodie didn't come home all night, meaning that I didn't get much sleep. I spent much of the morning visiting neighbours, putting up lost cat posters on lampposts and visiting/telephoning vets in the area.

Eventually, our local vet called around 11.00am to say that they had Jodie. Huge relief. Turns out she'd wandered down to Bradley Road and had been found by a lady and her 2 sons on their way back from school yesterday. They were apparently quite taken with her, took her home several streets away and were all ready to keep her. They even gave her a new name, Merlin! Until they realised she was a girl. In fact, they only took her to the vet because they were concerned she was rather thin. So I suppose we were lucky to get her back.

Nik here now, yes I went to see the lady and she was very dotty. She immediately adopted Tom and started to feed him. I left with a bag full of toys for him. All very strange.

Anyway, that is the news of the day. I do have a photo for the day, but am charging my camera for Matt at the moment (he's off to do his big bird day tomorrow) so will put up tomorrow. I'm just back from a nigh out - Rose from number 53 is a member of the local operatic society, so I have just been to see this year's performance - The Forbidden Planet. Shakespeare mixed with 60's music. Was fun and high energy, I needed to know more Shakespeare to get all the jokes but it was good and a pleasant evening.

No comments: