Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Sailor Tom

Another eventful day. We all had a good sleep last night. Tom woke up at midnight (somehow he has got himself into the routine of doing that recently) but that was it.


After his morning nap we drove down to see Nan. She was in good form, she definitely recognised me and enjoyed having Tom. She said he was gorgeous which was lovely. Unfortunately Tom wasn't on his best behaviour and wouldn't take her finger, but on the whole I think she enjoyed it.


Once our visit was over we headed off to the pedestrian ferry to Mt Edgcumbe in Cornwall - Tom's first trip on a boat. We had a good time. First stop was the Orangerie which served up a very good lunch at very reasonable prices (Tom ate a mammoth lunch - not sure he would have stopped before he exploded if allowed too), then we went for a walk. Mum and Dad made sure I walked off my Welsh Rarebit as I was carrying Tom in his rucksack and we climbed a couple of hills. Anyway, it was a lovely place, definitely somewhere I want to take Tom when he is older as it has a lovely mix of nature, sea, beaches, formal gardens, picnic spots, follies etc etc and it is free.

We got the ferry back and then returned to Crapstone. Normally Tom would have fallen asleep at this point, but he was distracted with me being in the back with him, so I put him straight in his cot when we got home.

He woke up an hour and a half later, which is normal for him, but he was grizzly. He continued to be grizzly until he had his dinner (fish fingers, sweet potato, carrots and parsnips, followed by plums - oh and I tried him on hummus which was sort of ok). 15 mins after his dinner he was fine again, so I let him stay up a little later than usual before bath, bottle and bed. Haven't heard from him yet...

A good day was had by all.

No comments: