Search This Blog

Sunday 11 April 2010

We forgot to take a photo again!

Today we met up with Helen, Al and Finn (who I nicknamed 'The Ginger Army') last time we met up (Both Helen and Al have red hair, so Finn didn't have a chance). We decided to meet up half way this time - which means Sutton Coldfield. I found a pub with a soft play area attached so suggested that.

Finn has grown again - but looked more or less how I expected. He is a happy chappy, once he got over his shyness he was lovely, sharing his snacks with us, playing nicely with Tom, waving to order etc. He also ate all his food (more than can be said of Tom. I made him 3 sandwiches today - one egg mayo, one tuna mayo and one soft cheese - he rejected them all, lucky I had a fall back just incase he was difficult!)

Anyway, we had a lovely time and Tom kept going until almost 3pm when he started to shout. He was asleep within 5 mins of being in the car. All the Singers were happy and content. Helen bumped into Jamie recently (friend from Uni) - a real blast from the past and completely threw her.

I got into trouble with mum last time because we forgot to take a photo. I made sure I had my camera with us this time and even told Helen that I mustn't forget. Guess what - I forgot! I guess we will have to meet up again soon.

Anyway, Helen is starting up a luxury home furnishings business - starting with cushions. She has a website: http://www.gingerhall.co.uk/, it isn't quite ready yet, but I don't think it will be long. Good luck to her, she has given me added inspiration for my cake business and more ideas - ie using twitter as a sales tool.

I'm off to Devon tomorrow so will blog from there. Matt is staying behind. Don't worry, I've given him plenty of jobs to do whilst we are away, so he won't get bored.

2 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

Facebook is also a good sales tool - you can create Ads (which you can target people that have the right profile details) also create your company site so people can become a fan of it - great for keeping people up to date with new, events, deals, discussions etc (a friend of mine runs a rally events company and uses Facebook a lot)

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks for the tip. So much to do...