Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Out of sync

Nik's out at her cake course, so I'm your narrator for tonight.
Tom went to nursery this morning, but unlike last week, managed to sleep for 90 minutes before lunch, which ruined his routine for the rest of the day. He didn't each much lunch (which the nursery gave us as a sort of take-away), and obviously wasn't ready for an early afternoon nap, which was unfortunate, as Nik had cake class homework to do. Luckily, I'm having a quiet week, so Tom & I toddled off into the garden and had a good play with almost all his toys out there. The new sandpit is still very popular (as you can see from all the sand smeared across his chops), and we also had a good play on his see-saw, slide and swing and on my bike, which I picked up from Sticky Jim's in Shifnal with a new rear tyre this morning.
Nik then took Tom off to see Kamila and Stella for a bit, while I got a few things from Asda. Tom's body clock still hadn't recovered by 5.00, so dinner consisted of malt loaf, a banana and a fromage frais. Slightly odd, but he refused his Mediterranean tomato pasta. Probably too tired. Nik's going to ask the nursery not to let him sleep so long tomorrow morning.
One good bit of news though: our box that we sea-freighted back from Kobe last month arrived today, so we are now well-stocked with Japanese nosh. I can't wait to get stuck into it. The box also contained some hiragana and katakana wall charts that I bought in Tokyo, which are now up in the bathroom so that I can teach Tom (and his mother) some basic Japanese when he/they are ready. Anyone else wishing to have lessons needs to be in our bathroom at 6.00pm every night.

No comments: