Search This Blog

Thursday 15 April 2010

Live Wire

Tom was up twice last night - midnight and 5am so not great, but I've also known a lot worse so won't complain.

This morning I took advantage of the Crapstone babysitting service again, so Mum and Dad took Tom down to Saltram for a walk whilst I had the morning to catch up with various things. He was returned at lunch time, without trousers or socks! Yes, he had pooed himself - it had gone every

where, luckily I had given Mum and Dad a clean change of clothes, so they put him in a new vest, but as they were about to come home, decided not to worry too much about his bottom half!

He had his lunch - huge portions again, and then a play. He was a real live wire today - full of energy gadding about everywhere, climbing over all of us and being comical with it.

I put him down for his nap at 2pm and was expecting a fight, but I didn't hear a peep from him. When he woke up it was just about warm enough in the garden to play, so the sandpit and blankets came out again. He did really well with the sandpit today, he stood up at it playing for a good 30 minutes. At one stage he let go and stayed standing for a good 5 seconds before he realised that he wasn't holding on and got his jelly legs back, collapsing to the floor.

Pop Pop spent the afternoon making repairs to the train track and then got the train to run up and down. Tom was fascinated by it and watched intently. The train isn't ready for him to sit on yet, but I think he can't wait for a go.

Tom had another good dinner, then bath, bottle and bed. Unfortunately today he wouldn't go to sleep. He kept crying and crying. I tried settling him many times, I put Reginald in the cot with him, gave him dental gel and nurofen, but nothing would work. In the end I brought him down to sit in his high chair whilst we had our dinner. He was happy as Larry in the chair - all sweetness and light, however, he did strain, and when I took him back upstairs to bed I checked his nappy and found a big poo. So, I changed him and tried to put him down again. He cried initially and then stopped. I'm now 5 doors away writing this, so not sure how he's doing. I guess you will get a full report if it is bad later.

Oh, we are leaving Devon tomorrow and going to Herefordshire for the weekend. We have rented a barn conversion with Debbie and Lou and families (there are now 10 of us when we meet up). Matt is joining us on his bike. Not sure if there is wifi, if not then you won't be hearing from us until Sunday. Let's hope the weather is good.

Video below is of Tom playing in his sandpit, I have a feeling we will have to buy him one now.

No comments: