Search This Blog

Friday 2 April 2010

Sick Mum

What a terrible night. I think the curry didn't agree with me and I spent from 3.30am onwards in the en suite being ill. Not a good start to the holidays! I thought I would perk up with some food, but I couldn't even keep plain bread down so I retired to bed feeling very sorry for myself, and we cancelled our plans for the day.

As it is a horrible day, Matt decided to take Tom to Cosford to look at the airplanes. I will let him take over from here as all I did today was lie in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Yes, Tom & I drove down to the RAF Museum at Cosford in driving rain and hurried into the cold war exhibition to (a) keep warm and (b) teach him about the Berlin Airlift, Cuban Missile Crisis, Mutually Assured Destruction etc. He was in the rucksack, and so was quite happy to sit there while I wandered round showing him the exhibits. The ladies in the shop were very taken with him, and reacted in the usual way; by going all coy and playing peek-a-boo. As he did with the staff in the children's play area and then with pretty much everyone in the restaurant. He demolished a whole jar of veg korma, another of apple & peach crumble, a biscuit and a good chunk of my bread roll, then fell into a deep sleep as soon as we set off in the car. I think he was in anaconda mode. I'll wake him up if he's still asleep after 6 months.

I was planning to drop into Asda on the way back, but he was still fast asleep and I couldn't find a single parking space anywhere (got very annoyed with a 2-seater convertible parked in the parent and child spaces), so put down in his cot and went out on foot. Inside Asda was predictably ghastly. Do people really need to panic buy because the shops are going to shut for one day?

Finally, we've finally found something that Tom seems to be afraid of. We have an 18" long inflatable tiger in our bedroom, and Tom suddenly seems scared stiff of it. I'm surprised he hasn't noticed it before, but he bursts into tears whenever he sees it, even from the next room. Very strange. We also have a "fluffy" tiger in the bedroom, and he's quite happy to grab that and chew it.

Anyway, Nik headed off to bed at 8.30, so fingers crossed she sleeps well and is feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: