Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2009

Carrots for Tom and Strawberries for us

It was a strange old night last night. Tom woke up crying at 11.30pm. Took me ages to get him settled. He was sick and then he fed, but then he had trouble falling asleep again - took me at least 4 visits before he finally got himself sorted.

I then woke up at 6.45am! I think that is one of the longest sleeps I've had. Of course my first thought was why hasn't Tom woken up, is he ok etc etc, but he started cooing to himself around 6.50 so I could lie in bed reassured he was alright. He got a nice big kiss when I went into his room.

Went to the under ones club at Oakengates. Some of Tom's

friends have now left as at 6 months babies move up to the 'big room'. Won't be long before we join them. Tom did his new trick infront of a couple of mums - rolling from his front onto his back - he got a large round of applause.

Came home, had lunch, and once Tom woke up he had lunch - carrot this time, just a taster to get him used to new tastes, textures etc. We then went to see Carol at General - she was distracted, with good reason, lots of politics going on at the office. She has requested that we come back in a week's time, when Derek is on holiday so we can have a good catch up.

Oh - forgot to mention, picked a huge amount of strawberries from the veggie patch today. I think the weeds have helped protect the fruit from birds / insects, as this is the biggest haul we have ever had. Can't wait for dessert tonight!

No comments: