Search This Blog

Sunday 19 July 2009

Sweet Potato Beard - very fetching!

After the long day yesterday, we decided to have a day in today. So, had a nice lie in with the boys, one who was very happy to be awake, kicking and punching and another who was a little more subdued!

Managed to finish Matt's cake this morning. I showed it to him, it will be impossible to keep it from him until the day. Jude dropped in around 11.00 for tea and a natter - we showed her the cake, she seemed to like it - in fact she asked who had made it - which I took as a compliment.

We decided to go to Long Lane for lunch - usual bacon sarnie for Matt and Beans on Toast for me. Sam came over to say hello. On our return Tom had his lunch - sweet potato and cumin which was a success - although I think he preferred wearing it as a beard rather than eating it!

The afternoon saw me icing Tom's cake, whilst the boys watched MotoGP - good results all round, Vale won the race, and Matt liked the cake.

I spent a while in the kitchen making Tom his food for the next week, whilst he was napping and then we spent a pleasant afternoon playing in the lounge. He was a real happy chappy today, so it was fun being with him. Matt's taken him for his bath and last feed, although listening through the monitor, I think there is a bit of a disagreement going on...

No comments: