Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Swimming is fine today!

Another good night - Tom woke at 4.30. Once again I thought about not feeding him - but the urge to sleep was too strong, and once again he wasn't interested in feeding when he got up! Oh hum...

We were going to see Carol this morning, but on calling her we had different thoughts, she sounded terrible, she thinks she's got swine flu so told me not to come anywhere near her, instead we braved the rain and went into Newport - I had a cheque to put in the bank and some birthday cards to get. The parking is free in Newport, unlike Telford and anyway Newport is nicer.

Came back, had lunch whilst Tom snoozed. Some people came round to collect the TV - Matt managed to sell it on ebay. It took two of them a considerable amount of time to get it downstairs and in the car - the car they brought was wholly unsuitable for the task, way too small - not sure how they got it in or how they were going to get it out?!

Tom woke up just as the TV went out the front door, so I treated him to lunch - I have increased his portion size as yesterday his food went down without touching the sides. Today it was sweet potato and broccoli. This afternoon he's having nectarine and banana.

2.30 saw us at Gray's Hotel for another attempt at swimming. Guess what, Tom enjoyed it. At one stage he was floating on his back with his legs crossed and in the air, smiling up at me. Yesterday when we tried the same thing he screamed with all his might! I tried the new swim position, which was fine, the old one, which was also fine. I also dunked him a good 6 times, and although he didn't come up smiling, he was ok with it all. I think in the 40 minutes he was in the pool he grizzled for about 30 seconds. So, the actual swimming isn't the problem, it must be something else that spooks him during lessons: the environment? the noise? the water temperature? I don't know, but I will keep taking him swimming with Kathy and Sam during the week to see if it makes a difference to lessons.

No comments: