Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Shouting Tom


Tom was pretty well behaved last night. He woke at 11pm - Matt settled him down again, and then at 3.30 for feeding. He then woke up screaming at 7am on the dot.

He had a longer than normal morning nap - oops is this going to cause trouble tonight. Then off to Asda and the Post Office (Chananja - there's a little something in the post for Raimo - let's hope this parcel reaches you.) After lunch, we took Matt to Wolverhampton railway station - he's off to Glasgow for his interpreting job.

Came back and had a play, it was pretty hard work - Tom wasn't in the best of moods and spent most of the afternoon shouting. He calmed down for 10 minutes when I put him in his bouncer, but mainly he was shouting, so much so I got a headache!

He had his bath and feed. Funny thing I noticed today - he holds the bottle as he feeds. When it is empty enough he can take the weight of it - very cute. Unfortunately he fell asleep half way through his bottle (not surprising he had gone 3 hours without napping which is a long time for him). When I say fell asleep, I mean he was in a complete coma - he didn't wake as I sat him up, inspected his nappy and winded him! I went downstairs and managed to marzipan one cake before he woke up. He finished his bottle and had a bit more and went back to sleep again. I marzipaned another cake and managed most of my dinner before he woke up again - this time he was screaming. I've never seen him like it before. He was in his cot, eyes tightly shut and screaming with all his might. Quite concerning really. I cuddled him and he nodded off again on me almost immediately. I put him back in his cot. I wonder what the rest of the night will bring, he's definitely not himself.

No comments: