Search This Blog

Friday 10 July 2009

Tom is 5 months old!

Can you believe that Tom is now 5 months old! Where has the time gone?

We had another good night. Tom didn't wake up until 4.30 - so had a good sleep. Of course woke up feeling tired, not used to such a long sleep! Anyway it seems as if he has got over his sleeping blip - fingers crossed! Although I'm not taking anything fore granted anymore.

Went to Breast Feeding Group, was very loud today, all the babies were wanting to be heard! We ended up leaving early, Tom was tired, but refusing to go to sleep because so much was going on, so we left early. Within about 30 seconds of being in the car he was asleep!

Got home, had lunch, then when Tom got up he had his lunch - parsnip and pears today. Next we went to the Library - I've been waiting 4 weeks for a book on Baby Led Weaning to come my way - the library promised me they would contact me when it arrived, but as I don't trust them I thought I would go and ask today (a case of 4th time lucky) it was there! So now I can read up on that and see what it is all about.

Spent most of the afternoon playing with Tom, he is so interactive now, he is fun to play with. Today he managed to sit up on his own for about 20 seconds before wobbling and tumbling into my arms. He really does change from day to day. I remember when Jacob was a baby, Lou telling me that he changed every day and that that was one of the factors for her not going immediately back to work - she wanted to see him change, not pay for someone to see him change. I thought she was being overly sentimental at the time, but now I see exactly what she means! She has turned out to be right about a number of things regarding me and babies - hummmmmm!

2 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

happy 5 month year old birthday - jake sends a big open mouthed wet kiss xx

Nik and Matt said...

I think we should say thanks for that???!!!! In fact Tom sends one back to you. xx