Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2009

Tom the Tigger


Yes it's hot hot hot again today. Tom started the day in clothes, but ended up in just his nappy.

We had a good start, Tom woke up at 2.10am for feeding and that was it. So can't complain and long may it continue.

He had a longer than usual morning nap, he went down at 8.30 and was still asleep at 10am, when I had the dilemma, do i leave him to sleep, or should I wake him up. As you can see from the pic on the left, he moves in his sleep, I certainly didn't put him down like that!

Once he was up, we went to Asda to get some bits for dinner, and then went round Michelle and Seren's for a catch up - our NCT group haven't met up for ages, I do feel quite lonely when I don't see them for a while, they really are a backbone when it comes to advice, reassurance and friendship.

Oh - forgot to say, in my haste to leave the house I managed to fall down the stairs so am nursing a stiff leg! Don't worry, I wasn't with Tom at the time (thankfully) and didn't suffer any major injury - might get a good bruise.

At Michelle's Tom tried really hard to roll onto his front, he was so close, but not quite there yet. Seren has just managed this new trick, I'm sure Tom won't be too far behind.

Came back to a hot hot hot house, Tom's 'cooler' room is a hefty 26 degrees, so I think he will be sleeping in his nappy tonight. Tom had a splash in his paddling pool on our return and a bounce, but mainly he grizzled, he was too hot, and who can blame him for grizzling?

Took ages to get Tom to sleep - he was too hot. We ended up going into the loft to get a fan to try to help him get off - he did in the end but it took a good hour which is unusual for him.

We had dinner in the garden and then I spent the evening picking gooseberries and strawberries.

No comments: