Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 July 2009

It was intention!

Last night was slightly better. We turned Tom's night light off to see if that would make a difference. He didn't wake up between 10pm and 11pm which was good. In fact he kept going until 1.30. I fed him, got back to bed at 1.50, but was woken again at 3.20. Once again his eyes were wide open and he was full of beans. I fed him again, I know I shouldn't but it was 3am and I was in desperate need of sleep. The feeding sent him off again pretty quickly. He did wake again at 6.15, but he got himself back off to sleep without any help from me - phew. At 7.20 I woke him up for the day. He wasn't hungry at all which proves I guess that I shouldn't have fed him at 3.20.

We had a busy day today. 10.30 saw us in the swimming pool with Kathy and Sam. I have been wanting to take Tom swimming mid week to get him used to being in a pool, so he can enjoy his lessons more. However, as he is a bit of a cry baby in the pool, I didn't really have the confidence to take him on my own to a public pool - other people in the pool would think I was torturing him! Sam is in the class ahead of Tom and Kathy was keen to take him for extra practise as well. She goes to waterbabies in Telford, in a private swimming pool in a hotel, so we went there. It's a bit pricey, but we had the pool to ourselves which I think was important - nothing to distract him. I went through the movements I've learnt with Tom, he was a bit better but still a little grizzly. I then spent some time holding him as if he was having a bath and encouraging him to splash. At this he really relaxed, and started to enjoy it. In fact at one stage he was floating on his back with his legs in the air and crossed - looking very relaxed. He went under water 3 times, each time he cried, but each time he cried less, until the last time he just grizzled for about 30 seconds. I'm hoping this progress will make Saturday's lesson a little easier for him.

We came home for lunch, during which time Tom rolled from his front onto his back twice, so Sunday wasn't an accident, it was intention. This of course means that he now doesn't have to spend much time on his front (which he hates) clever boy! Glad he has learnt to roll from his hated position to his favourite position rather than vice versa - that can cause quite a bit of grief - I know from talking to other mums!

The afternoon saw us going to the Cordingley Hall to pay and finalise the 1st August and then on to Kamila's. She is looking very pregnant now - has 7 weeks to go and is in the middle of NCT and Parentcraft lessons. All very exciting! She is in denial, just as I was.

Came home to find the lounge in turmoil - the Freesat box had arrived, so all the cables had been switched around to fit it. Matt is very proud of his new purchases. Must say the HD picture looks very good.

Tom spent the rest of the afternoon making lots of different noises and generally going mad on the jigsaw mat. Lets hope he needs a good rest to replenish his energy!

No comments: