Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Out of synch

So, last night wasn't so bad after all. He woke at midnight for feeding, and then again at 4.30am - don't blame him the tanks were a little empty at midnight - I didn't get to start pumping last night until after 9pm.

Both of us overslept this morning - if it wasn't for Matt texting me at 7.20, I don't know what time we would have woken up! The rest of the day was out of synch as a result.

Went to aerobics at 11am, Tom went to the creche and once again got a good school report, apparently more than happy watching the toddlers playing.

Came home, Tom went straight to sleep, so I managed a shower, and then we both had lunch. I put him in his high chair and offered him some sticks of cucumber. He was completely uninterested in them to start with, but did eventually pick them up and put them in his mouth, where he had a good suck.

After lunch we went down to baby clinic, he is now 17lb 15oz, his growth rate has certainly slowed quite considerably, but he now seems to be following the 75th percentile line, so everyone is happy. As you can see from the pic, he is beginning support himself sitting up. He isn't very good, topples over pretty quickly, but it's a start.

Tom didn't quite manage his afternoon nap. He fell asleep in the pram, but I bumped into Hannah and Becca, and unfortunately Becca woke him up, he didn't manage to get off again. By 5.30 he was fractious, so I spent 25 minutes singing nursery rhymes to him, trying to keep him happy. I took him through bath and bed, but he fell asleep during his bottle - not a suprise, he only managed two thirds.

At 7.30pm he awoke, so I gave him the rest of his milk. At 8.30 he woke again - not sure why, I gave him his dummy and he went straight back to sleep again. Guess what, at 9.30 he woke again, this time he couldn't be placated. The only way I could get him back to sleep again was by feeding him - I know I shouldn't, but it works so well. I'm certainly not liking this waking every hour in the evening! I wonder if he knows that Matt isn't here, and is playing up because of it?

No comments: