Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2009

Tom's First Indian

Last night was a bit of a milestone - Tom only woke once for feeding! I rejoiced when I looked at the clock and saw it was 2.48am. That means he went for almost 8 hours between feeds. I really hope this is a sign of things to come and that we are getting there when it comes to sleep. (I of course was awake at 1am, 2am, 4am and 5am as I'm so used to being awake then!). I woke up this morning in a pool of milk as a result, despite that I am a happy bunny today.

Went to Breast Feeding Support Group this morning. Is a nice group - only about 6 people go along, so it's small and intimate. Tom was well behaved, played nicely, fed, and then fell asleep just as it finished. Came home, put him to bed and got lunch for myself.

Now, anyone who knows us, will know that Friday night is curry night and that most weeks we go to East End Balti in Shifnal. Since Tom arrived, we've been getting take away, but now he is in a routine, we thought we would try to take him to the restaurant. So, we put him through the usual bedtime rigmarole - bath, feed, bed. Gave him a good half hour to fall asleep and then put him in his car seat and off to Shifnal. It worked! He slept through the whole meal - the staff were all smiles and happy to see him - in fact Abdul couldn't help but come past the table many times, and ended up giving us a free curry and nan bread to take home with a bag full of beers he's collected from previous customers (he's Muslim and teetotal). So, a success, we will be going back.

No comments: