Search This Blog

Friday 10 April 2009

SPLAT!

Tom was very good in bed last night. He didn't do half as much thrashing around as has been usual which meant I got some sleep. He also only woke once during the night for feeding - at 2am so that also made me happy as well.

We woke at 7am, Tom had a feed, then we went downstairs to find Matt (he left in the middle of the night as my snoring was keeping him awake). As soon as we got downstairs, Tom did a huge vomit - SPLAT it went onto the carpet - got Matt up quickly to find a muslin to clear it up. Anyway, had a nice time in bed, Tom was full of smiles and gurgles this morning.

As is usual, he went from all limbs moving to fast asleep in an instant, so he went back to bed whilst his mum and dad had breakfast and I pumped ready for his dinner tonight.

We popped into Shrewsbury for a spot of shopping, Matt wants to start up his home brewing again and wanted to get some new kit - the only place we have been able to find it is Wilco's in Shrewsbury (the Wellington one doesn't stock home brewing kit) Tom and I went for a quick wander around the shops, then we met up and did our usual - Holland & Barrett for a stock up of dried fruit and Setonaikai for a stock up of Japanese and other Asian ingredients.

By now it was 11.30 and Tom was ready for some more food, so we thought we would try out Morgan's (on mum and dad's recommendation). Was very nice - only problem was the steps to get in. Waitress was lovely and they were happy to lend us a room to change Tom in as they don't have nappy changing facilities. Sandwiches came with 'proper chips' which is always a bonus. We got back to the car just as it started to rain and returned home. The afternoon was spent brewing beer (Matt), putting together some commission claims (me), sleeping and eating (guess who?!).

Today's pic - Matt tells me that Tom always smiles in the bath and as we haven't captured a true smile yet I thought I would try. I think he is camera shy as he wouldn't smile. As soon as I left the bathroom - guess what???!!!! Hum - I will record a true smile soon, I'm determined. At least with digital cameras I'm not wasting precious film.

No comments: