Search This Blog

Friday 24 April 2009

Tom the Film Star

First of all, I must apologise for lack of photo, I forgot to take one today. Had an OK night, except he has started to thrash around again, so there was a lot of snorting and grunting. I'm wondering if it might be due to the fact that I have started eating dairy again - could it be a reaction? I would rather go without dairy, than have to listen to him snorting and grunting at night, sleep is much better than diet.

This morning we went to Breast Feeding Support Group, met a girl there from hospital which was nice. Her baby (obviously the same age as Tom) was much smaller (I keep finding myself saying that?!) We had another milestone, Tom managed (with some help from me) to grab a rattle. He held on to it for quite a while, and it was a big one. I was very proud!

Unknown to me, the Health Visitor who runs the group had arranged for a film crew to come in today to film us. A DVD is being made for Telford & Wrekin NHS Trust which is going to be given out to every pregnant lady during their booking in appointment and will include a bit about breast feeding and support groups. So, Tom and myself maybe famous (let's hope the film crew were subtle!) Apparently we will get a copy of the DVD as a thank you. I was also asked to help man a stand in Telford Shopping Centre during Breast Feeding Awareness Week in May.

The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful. Went to Asda to pick up some bits. I had to do the bath time and bed time routine, as Matt was at a seminar in Brum with the West Midlands Translators Group. No wee or poo incidents then, however, Tom did explode earlier in the afternoon with poo going up his back again - took about 20 wet wipes to get him clean and he ruined a vest which was a shame as it was brand new!

No comments: