Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Poo!

Had an OK night last night. I went to bed at 8.30 as I wasn't feeling well - a bit of a temperature, and that stitch like pain in my side, so had some paracetamol, hugged a pillow and joined Tom. He woke up at 1.15 am for feeding and then again at 5.00 with snorting etc, and 06.45 for feeding. We got up and changed. Tom fell asleep again at 8am - very early for him. Gave me just enough time for a breakfast of homemade bread and some pumping before he was awake again.

Went to Asda to get dinner for tonight. We had Jambalaya last night without prawns as we didn't have any in. This led to a hankering for prawns (I'm back on seafood since having Tom) so I bought some passata and some king prawns to have with some fresh tagliatelle.

We had lunch together and then Tom and I walked to Muxton for NCT Bumps and Babes. I had tried to rally the NCT crowd to turn up but failed - I was the only one. However, not a problem, there were only about 6 people there, and all very friendly so I had a nice time. Tom started crying half way through the session, one of the mums spotted a brown stain on his vest...POO!!!! Yes, he had exploded and it had covered his vest and trousers, so I had to strip him naked and wash him and dress him in a sleep suit (This will be a good story for when he is older - this session takes place in a church, so he has been striped naked in a church in front of lots of women!) I ended up with two nappy sacks full of discards!

Once done, Tom was happy again - kicking on a playmat, so we had a chit chat. I have to give Tom his dues, some of the stories the mums were recounting were pretty horrific. All the other babies were quite a bit bigger - 5 months plus, some of their mums are still being woken every hour and a half, and a few have resorted to sleeping with baby, otherwise their baby won't sleep at all. Others have babies that refuse the bottle and will only breast feed - meaning they haven't had a break.

1 comment:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

talking of poo, jake dropped rather a large log in the bath tonight - followed by an immediate evacuation - fun;-)