Search This Blog

Thursday 9 April 2009

Poor Mum!

I was early to bed last night - was in bed before 9pm as I suddenly didn't feel well - I had a temperature, so had myself a long hot shower, some paracetamols and went to bed. Discovered in the night that I have a stomach bug, so spent most of the night running to and from the loo, including the periods when Tom was feeding. He was quite good as I detached him from me and ran away.

Tom had two feeds as is the norm, and once again we overslept, not waking up until 7.40am. Went through the usual morning routine - Tom brought most of his milk back up again - I guess he wasn't ready for it. As soon as it turned 8am I called the NCT Breastfeeding Support line to check that it is ok to carry on breastfeeding Tom as I am obviously ill. I was told to do so, and in fact my milk will help protect him from whatever I have.

Decided to go to the Mother and baby group this morning just to get out of the house. Was good as they had a talk on baby resuscitation which means that I now know what to do if Tom stops breathing or chokes. Tom was also at the talk so he knows what to expect, although I had a stern word with him NOT to stop breathing or to choke - prevention is better than cure after all!

Spent the afternoon dozing on the sofa - I was having lots of stomach gurgles and Tom kept drifting in and out of sleep (I think the affect of the jabs yesterday). I think we will both be early to bed today.

Today's pic - one of our afternoon cuddles. He's wearing his 58 T-shirt because he is 58 days old today (so his father tells me)

1 comment:

John and Carol said...

Hi, Nik,
Sorry to hear about your gripes-thought it was Tom who had the jabs yesterday. hope you feel better this evening-you look OK in the photo. We've just had a prawn Tom Yam-does that make you feel better or worse?