Search This Blog

Monday 27 April 2009

Swing Chairs are Great

We are all out of sync today. Tom woke twice in the night for feeding - at 1am and 5am. We then overslept until 8am, which meant that his morning nap went from 8.30 to 9.45am and everything else has back tracked. I wonder how we will get back on line again?

Anyway, was a miserable day - cold and rainy. As Tom wasn't sleepy first thing, I sat him in his swing chair whilst I prepared dinner - Sloppy Joes. He seems to be very content to watch me from the chair, which is fantastic. Today I put the tray on it and switched the music on. He managed to hit the buttons to change the music which was good - although not exactly sure if by accident or on purpose, most likely accident. However, he did it with his LEFT hand - made me proud! (I'm left handed and Matt is right handed).

We went to Donnington Minis in the morning and NCT Bumps and Babes in the afternoon. Not much of note happened at either. Tom was a bit grumpy - but that is probably due to the fact that we slept in today. Had a chat with someone from Family Services at Donnington Minis she told me that I need to book Tom into nursery already - especially if we want him to go to St Matthew's School as it is heavily over subscribed and although we live in its catchment area that is no guarantee of a place. Apparently from age 3, we get 15 hours free education from the government so need to find a place for him for that, however, they maybe bringing that forward to age 2.

Caught up with Michelle and Lou at Bumps and Babes, both their little ones are doing very well. Tom was grumpy again though, made all the other mums laugh with his Elvis crying! Next time there will be a beauty therapist in attendance for shoulder massage, manicures etc etc. Maybe that will tempt some of the other mums to come along. Saw Rose and Abi - they are doing very well. Abi went on her first holiday last week and really enjoyed herself, which makes me feel more confident for this weekend.

When we got back, Tom was happy to sit in his swinging chair again, so I made a batch of flapjacks - got me some brownie points from his dad.

Today's pic - Tom was looking very content and cosy, asleep in his car seat and cover. However, he woke just as I took the pic.

1 comment:

DebbieF said...

I'm so pleased that Tom likes the swing now! Luke wasn't too keen at first but soon grew to love it, especially bashing the buttons! x