Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Poor Tom

Had an OKish night - two feeds as seems to be usual. I haven't been looking forward to today as Tom has his first set of injections. We overslept again this morning, didn't wake until 7.40 - by the time Tom had fed, been washed, dressed etc I had just enough time to brush my hair and put some clothes on before bundling him in the pram and taking him to the surgery. He was seen promptly at 9.10 and the nurse gave him 2 injections, one in each leg. As soon as the first needle went in he turned a bright raspberry red and screamed, he stayed like that for the second injection. Once done he calmed down, although he did look at me and scream a couple more times - basically saying you did this to me - how dare you!!!!

Once he had calmed down we went to baby clinic for him to be weighed. He's put on another 12oz and is now a chubby 12lb 15oz. Next stop was the parade to get something in for dinner and some calpol just in case Tom reacts to the injections.

3pm saw us back at the drs for Tom's 8 week check-up. So he was stripped again, prodded, poked, listened too, had lights shone in his eyes etc etc. He got a clean bill of health, but then screamed as I put his coat back on (nice clear blue sky, but cold wind today). He spent most of the rest of the afternoon snoozing. I didn't have the heart to keep him awake as I'm sure the injections have had some affect on him.

No comments: