Search This Blog

Monday 10 August 2009

6 Months Today

Can you believe it, Tom is six months old today!
How time has flown. I can't believe it has been six months - it has gone fast, yet it is getting harder to remember life before him.

Last night I tried an experiment as Matt is away. When he woke up for his feed (around 2.30) I didn't give him any. Instead I gave him his dummy. He didn't seem at all perturbed - although he was wide wide awake! I didn't hear from him again until 7am. So, a success, especially as he fed at 7am which he has refused to do for a while. I wonder if he will do that again tonight, or even better - just sleep for the whole night (wishful thinking I guess!)

Today was a run of the mill day, went to Tesco's for a monthly shop this morning (we have finally run out of left overs from last weekend). He was a model baby - looking cute, cooing and very well behaved.

Came home, he had butternut squash and peas followed by apple for lunch and then went to sleep. The afternoon saw us down at the post office and the library - he got another certificate today.

He has been a delight to be with the last couple of days: a very happy, smiling, cute baby. Someone told me that 4 to 9 months are the 'golden age' as babies are smiling and immobile and to enjoy every moment. I will try to do so, I'm certainly enjoying him at the moment.

No comments: