Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2009

I love my new bath toys

Not a great night last night either, I ended up feeding him to get him back to sleep after numerous visits to settle him. It worked, but really don't want to make it a habit for him to get back into.

We think he may be teething again, he doesn't have red cheeks, but he is drooling, stuffing his whole fist in his mouth and chewing EVERYTHING he can get hold of. I have had a good look in his mouth and can't see anything, but that doesn't mean they aren't moving. This afternoon he was shouting a lot so I tried him on the teething powders Lisa recommended and I had in ready (yes for once I was ready in advance!) Looked like I was giving him cocaine as they were white powders wrapped in a paper. I think I got most of them in his mouth - bit hard to say though.

This morning we went to the Oakengates group - haven't been for a while so it was good to see everyone again. We were brave today and went into the 'big room' for 6 month to 1 year olds. Was very very noisy, Tom rather than looking the biggest looked the smallest, there were lots of babies crawling, some walking and all very noisy. Not sure if we will go there next time or go back to the smaller baby room...

We had a quiet afternoon, not up to much. Oh forgot to mention, Michelle has asked me to do Seren's cake for her blessing next month - very scary, but I said yes. It needs a star theme (of course - Seren is Welsh for star), to be yellow, and consist of two cakes - one sponge, another fruit. Certainly a challenge, but one I hope to rise to, I certainly need the practise and am very flattered that they have asked me.

Today's pic - well Tom has finally made it to the big bath, and now he is able to sit up, we figured he would like some toys to play with. Ann, one of Matt's friends gave Tom some Amazon vouchers for his Naming Day, so we spent them and this is the result (I think Matt will be wanting to have a bath more often now...)

1 comment:

Debbie & Adam said...

I cannot recomment those little packets of cocaine, sorry, teething powders highly enough.

They are essential and (up here, anyway) quite hard to come by.

Stockpile them!


adam