Search This Blog

Saturday 8 August 2009

I'm now dreading Tom turning 3!

Friday saw Tom and I braving the motorway traffic to go to Waddesdon to meet Debi and Charlie (roughly halfway for us). I have forgotten how bad motorway traffic is on a Friday - both trips were horrible. I arrived late, but as predicted, Debi arrived even later.

I was quite excited because she was going to give me a buggy and back pack for Tom - she forgot both! Oh hum - guess I need to be her PA again!!!!! Anyway a good day was had, we had a picnic in the grounds, a look around the aviary and Charlie spent quite some time playing in the very good children's playground there.

Charlie is 3 and a half and a nightmare. He refuses to do anything Debi asks of him, very much has his own agenda and will only compromise on something if a bribe is forthcoming - is this what we have to come? In typical Debi style, Charlie seems to belong to every club going - he goes to Tennis Club, Pony Club, Soccer Tots, the Golf Range...you name it, he does it. She said that she tries to explain to him that he has more than most kids, but I don't think he understands yet...

I don't think Debi and I managed even a two sentence conversation without being interrupted, so didn't really manage to talk business, Spain etc etc. We didn't even manage to have lunch together as Tom wanted a kick on the blanket, and Debi's rather posh blanket let the water through so she had to sit on a bench with her back to me (she needs to buy things from market stalls like us - much better quality)!!!!

Anyway, we now have a provisional date for Spain, and Debi did give us some lovely clothes for Tom (mostly Ralph Lauren but also some Gap and Next!) She also included two pairs of welly boots - can't wait for Tom to be walking so he can stamp and splash in puddles - I loved doing that as a kid.

Got really stuck on the way home on the motorway, so Matt hopped on his motorbike and we met in a pub near Stourport for dinner to help the traffic calm down before trying again. Didn't get home until after 9pm. Oh, forgot to mention, Tom made his displeasure of slow traffic known in the car and screamed for a good hour from Bicester to Stourport. I stopped at Warwick services, changed him, fed him, let him kick etc, but to no avail, as soon as we were back in the car he screamed! I guess he hates long car journeys - can't really blame him.

Sorry - didn't take a photo today - forgot!

No comments: