Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Feet are tasty

Tom had me up twice last night - once at 1am, when he had managed to spin himself round in the cot and got himself stuck again. So I put him back and he went back to sleep - I'm always amazed that he goes back to sleep, as he always looks so awake when I go in. He then woke me up again at 6, once again at the bottom of the cot! Oh hum.

Today dawned grey, rainy and miserable which meant that buggysize took place inside the cricket pavillion rather than on the field. It was quite hot and muggy in the room and I think this put Tom off - he screamed for what seemed like most of the class. As soon as I took him out in the rain he was fine. Despite this, I managed to work up a good sweat and felt quite tired by the end so I guess I did get enough exercise.

Rachel Z kindly invited us back for lunch which was very generous and very well done - as expected. A big cheese board with baguettes and garlic bread - very lovely - we all grazed for the afternoon. Tom, being far more aware of things going on around him refused to relax and therefore refused to nap. It took me 2 hours to persuade him to sleep and then he only managed 20 minutes, by which time it was 3pm, meaning that we missed baby clinic, so no weigh check today.

Came home and managed to get Tom to nap again whilst I did him a big lot of peaches. Oh forgot to mention, made Tom his first recipe yesterday - lentils and vegetables - a sort of dhal, he had it for lunch today and it went down well, so that gets a big tick. Oh and he managed to get his feet in his mouth again - this is the second time he's managed this.

No comments: