Search This Blog

Saturday 15 August 2009

Dinosaur Jr.

An ok night after a rocky start. Whilst I was out collecting our Indian takeaway, Tom had a screaming fit which lasted a good 20 mins. He did calm down and go to sleep eventually and stayed asleep until 4am when he cried - went in to see him to find him trying to roll from his side to his back, but his arm was in the way meaning he was stuck! Oh hum, would have been ok, except I couldn't get back to sleep again.

He was up again at 6.30, but I managed to convince him to be quiet until 7 when I fed him. This morning we had a webcam chat with Pat and Bob, so we decided to keep him in his dinosaur outfit - this is our favourite by far. Matt always dresses him at night and if the dinosaur outfit is in the drawers, that's what Tom wears. Unfortunately we don't think it will last much longer so we thought we should try to get a good pic of it for posterity.

This morning Tom had 'sheep poo' in his nappy. I am obsessed by Tom's poo. When he was exclusively breast fed he didn't poo very often, so I was constantly on the look out for it. Since being on solids, he's being pooing daily, but his poo changes consistency all the time. When he first went on solids his poo was the consistency of pate, then it went really solid like adult poo and sometimes it looks like sheep poo - little pellets. Sometimes he screams when he poos which says to me that it can't be right. All the weaning books talk about food, pureeing etc etc, but none of them tell you about the side affects of weaning - ie that your baby's poo will change. I was concerned that maybe he wasn't getting enough liquid so I now offer him a sippy cup of water with his meals. When he was having 'screaming poos' I put him on a diet of milk and fruit and that sorted it out, it seems to be the veg that makes the poo hard. I will ask the HV next time we go to baby clinic to see what she says is normal. I realise his digestive system isn't used to solids and needs to work out how to process them, but I am concerned that I might be overloading it. That's another thing the books don't tell you - how much of the solids to give - it all seems to be a guessing game. Anyway I want to be sure what I'm doing is right before we move on to bread, pasta, meat and fish etc.

Anyway, today we popped down to Ironbridge to Dale End Park where there was supposed to be a vintage bike rally (turned out to be a couple of caravans in a field). Walked down to the Meadow pub for lunch - chicken wings for Matt and moules for me (Matt had stuff all over his face by the time he finished - looked worse than his son!) We then walked to the Green Wood Centre where we found out about some new walks in Ironbridge which we can do on a sunny day with Tom in the sling.

Came home via Jungleland, I popped in to find out if there is a baby area and ended up being given a full tour. I think Tom is too small at the moment, but once he is crawling there is a good area for him to play in - only costs £2.99 so will be a good way to pass some time on a rainy day.

Spent the afternoon in the garden, I decided to tackle the weeds in the garden and Matt entertained Tom. I ended up with nettle stings and thorns in my hands, whilst Matt was punched in the face - not sure who was worse off?

No comments: