Search This Blog

Friday 14 August 2009

I love rolling in my cot

Humm, the rolling thing continued into the night, he rolled 3 times during the night, each time I had to go in and rescue him. I ended up wedging his soft toys around the side of the cot to make the space in the cot narrower in an attempt to give him less room to roll. He didn't roll again after than, but not sure if that was because he was tired and went to sleep or because the toys worked. However, he managed not to roll during his naps today so maybe that is the solution - for now anyway.

This afternoon saw us visiting Kamila and Sam. Kamila is 38 weeks pregnant, so due anytime. Very exciting, she is very much in the same camp as me, wants the baby out, but very scared about what life with a baby will be like. She was full of questions which I tried to answer truthfully, but without alarming her. It is true, every baby is different, so it's impossible to give a real answer until the baby is here. Get this, I can't wait to hold their baby when it is born - who would have thought I would ever say that?!

Came home at 4, as Tom was getting restless, but refusing to go to sleep. I have noticed this in the last week or so, if we are out and about during his nap times he refuses to sleep. I think it is because he is so much more alert and doesn't want to miss out on anything. He definitely knows where home is and if he isn't there, he finds it hard to relax.

As he was napping I thought I would get some more pureeing done. I did the monthly shop on Monday and bought loads of vegetables forgetting the logistics involved in finding time to do all the cooking, so I have been pureeing mad this week trying to get it all done before the veggies go off. Tuesday I made a sort of dhal, Wednesday I pureed 2 punnets of peaches, yesterday a cauliflower, tomato, carrot and cheese combination, today cauliflower and broccoli cheese and butternut squash and cumin. That just leaves some courgette and spinach to do, phew! The freezer is now full to bursting.

Today's pic - sorry almost exactly the same as yesterday - must check the blog first next time.

No comments: