Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Mum and Dad go home

So, after almost a week, mum and dad went on their way back home today. They really were incredably helpful - without them taking Tom off my hands on Thursday and Friday, there wouldn't have been any food on Saturday and they helped set up the hall, transport the food and babysit on Saturday night so I could catch up with friends etc.

I took them to the Black Country Museum yesterday which they enjoyed, and wish to revisit to finish off later this year.

They were on their way back to Devon at 10.00, so Tom and I decided to try out a new parent and baby group in Trench, as the Monday one has finished for the holidays. Good job I went as there was only one other mum and baby their (Nicola and Ben) - had a good natter, I could have quite easily have fallen asleep on the cushions they had laid out!

Came back for lunch - guess what - a roll and some salad!!!! Then off to Asda to get some bits for tonight (forgot the main ingredient - onions!) Came home to find a bunch of flowers and a lovely card from Pat and Bob saying thanks for the weekend. Was very touching.

No comments: